The Imperial Moustache is a timeless style that has been sported by some of the most iconic figures in history.
If you’re looking to add a touch of class and sophistication to your look, then growing an imperial moustache is a great way to do it.
In this guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about growing, trimming and styling an imperial moustache.
We’ll also give you some tips on how to care for your moustache and keep it looking its best.
So whether you’re a first-time grower or a seasoned pro, this guide will help you get the perfect imperial moustache.
Table of Contents
- What is a Imperial Moustache Style?
- History of Imperial Moustache Style
- Variations of the Imperial Moustache Style
- User Experience and Friendliness
- Things to Consider Before you Commit to Growing Imperial Moustache
- How to Grow The Imperial Moustache
- Best Grooming Products for an Imperial Moustache
What is a Imperial Moustache Style?
The Imperial Moustache Style is a long, full moustache with the sides trimmed short and curving up at the corners.
The moustache has a full underline that extends down to the upper lip, but it is not very wide. The most distinctive characteristic of this style is the curve at the corners of the mouth.
A well-groomed moustache is the mark of a true gentleman. The imperial moustache is a particularly dapper style, with long, sweeping hairs that curl up at the ends.
History of Imperial Moustache Style
The Imperial moustache was a style of facial hair worn by men in the Victorian and Edwardian eras.
It was popularized by the illustrations of Aubrey Beardsley, who drew many works featuring thin, curled moustaches with exaggerated upward points and tufts of hair beneath the lower lip.
Variations of the Imperial Moustache Style
The Imperial Moustache is a very cool style that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
The look exudes a sense of wisdom and power, which makes it ideal for an older gentleman with a distinguished appearance.
This is for someone who wishes to remain respectable and stylish. The look is quite versatile, and can be worn as a daily style or as a formal statement.
User Experience and Friendliness
One of the key factors in the user experience is the rate of hair growth. Men with faster-growing hair may find the process to be quicker and easier than those with slower-growing hair.
Additionally, men with thicker hair may find it easier to achieve the desired shape and volume of an Imperial moustache than those with thinner hair.
Another factor that can impact the user experience is the individual’s ability and willingness to commit to regular grooming and maintenance.
Trimming and styling an Imperial moustache can be time-consuming, so men who are short on time or not particularly interested in grooming may find the process to be less user-friendly.
Overall, the user experience of growing an Imperial moustache can be a positive one for those who are patient, persistent, and willing to commit to regular grooming and maintenance. However, it may not be the best fit for everyone.
Things to Consider Before you Commit to Growing Imperial Moustache
- Time: Growing an Imperial moustache style takes time and patience. It may take several weeks or even months for your hair to reach the desired length.
- Genetics: Genetics plays a big role in the rate of hair growth and the thickness of your moustache. Some men may find it easier to grow an Imperial moustache than others.
- Facial structure: The shape of your face can impact how the Imperial moustache style will look on you. Consider consulting a barber or stylist to see if it would suit you before committing to growing one.
- Lifestyle: Maintaining an Imperial moustache requires regular grooming and trimming. Make sure you have the time and willingness to commit to the upkeep before growing one.
- Workplace culture: Consider whether the Imperial moustache style is appropriate for your workplace or profession, as it can be a bold and distinctive look.
- Personal preferences: Take into account your own personal preferences and style. The Imperial mustache is a classic and traditional look, but it may not suit everyone.
- Be prepared to experiment: The Imperial moustache style is not easy to achieve overnight, so be prepared to experiment with different grooming techniques, styles, and products until you find the perfect look that suits you.
How to Grow The Imperial Moustache
Growing an Imperial moustache can be a bit of a journey, but with the right steps and a bit of patience, you can achieve this distinguished look.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to grow an Imperial mustache.
Let it grow
The first step in growing an Imperial mustache is to let your hair grow out. This may take a few weeks or even a couple of months, depending on how fast your hair grows.
During this time, it’s important to avoid shaving or trimming your moustache, as it needs to reach a certain length in order to achieve the desired shape.
Trim and shape
Once your moustache has grown to the desired length, it’s time to start shaping it.
Use scissors or a small trimmer to trim any stray hairs that are sticking out. Be sure to trim the ends of your moustache so that they are even and straight.
Define the edges
The key to an Imperial moustache is to have well-defined edges. Use a razor or a small trimmer to shave the hair on your upper lip.
Also shave along the edges of your moustache. This will give your moustache a clean, polished look.
Style and groom
To style an Imperial mustache, you’ll need to use a moustache wax. Moustache wax is a product that is used to hold the hair in place and give it shape.
Apply a small amount of wax to your moustache and use your fingers to shape it into the desired shape.
Once you’re happy with the shape, use a comb to comb through your moustache, distributing the wax evenly.
Once you’ve achieved your desired shape, it’s important to maintain your moustache by trimming and styling it regularly.
A good rule of thumb is to trim your moustache every 2-3 weeks and to re-apply wax as needed.
Best Grooming Products for an Imperial Moustache
There are several key products that can help you achieve the distinguished look you desire. These include:
- Moustache Wax: This is a must-have product for shaping and styling your moustache. Look for a high-quality wax that is easy to apply and provides a strong hold.
- Moustache Comb: A good moustache comb is essential for keeping your moustache well-groomed and tangle-free. Look for a comb that is specifically designed for moustaches and beards.
- Scissors: Investing in a pair of scissors specifically for your facial hair is important to achieve a precise trim and shape.
- Trimmers: A quality trimmer with adjustable settings can help you achieve the desired length of your Imperial mustache.
- Beard oil: Imperial mustaches can often be dry, so using a high-quality beard oil can help keep the hair moisturized and healthy, as well as provide a nice shine.
- Beard shampoo: A good shampoo specifically formulated for beards and moustaches can help keep your facial hair clean and healthy, preventing dryness and itching
In conclusion, growing an Imperial mustache is a true test of patience and dedication.
However, with the right grooming techniques and a consistent routine, you can achieve the distinguished look you desire.
Remember to trim and shape your moustache regularly, use quality grooming products, and stay committed to the growth process.
Embrace the journey and enjoy the process, because the end result will be a truly impressive and timeless moustache